About the Journal
Focus and Scope
As a manifestation of our commitment to keeping on developing Sharia and Law, Al-Ahkam is now accepting submissions in any area related to Sharia and Law.
Al-Ahkam Jurnal Ilmu Syari'ah dan Hukum focuses on various recent issues, topics, and legal aspects in Sharia and Law, including (but not limited to):
- Islamic Family Law
- Islamic Economic Law
- Islamic Civic Law
- Islam and Gender Discourse
- Adat Law
- Zakat and Waqf Law
- Constitutional Law
Peer Review Process
Al-Ahkam: Jurnal Ilmu Syari'ah dan Hukum reviewing policies are:
- Every submitted paper will be reviewed by at least two peer-reviewers.
- Reviewers are unaware of the identity of the authors, and authors are also unaware of the identity of reviewers (double-blind review method).
- Reviewing process will consider novelty, objectivity, method, scientific impact, conclusion, and references.
- Plagiarism and self-plagiarism are not allowed;
- The authors should ensure that they have written entirely original works, and if the authors have used the work and/or words of others that this has been appropriately cited or quoted;
- An author should not, in general, publish manuscripts describing essentially the same research in more than one journal or primary publication. Submitting the same manuscript to more than one journal concurrently constitutes unethical publishing behavior and is unacceptable;
- Proper acknowledgment of the work of others must always be given. Authors should cite publications that have been influential in determining the nature of the reported work.
- Editorial Team checking manuscript on offline and online database manually (checking proper citation and quotation);
- Editorial Team checking manuscript using Turnitin.