The study explained the company's internal use of marketing, the internal impact of marketing and its elements, the internal marketing of the management of change, and its brunt on corporate performance, which has given the perspective that a company's performance can start with potent internal marketing in the company. It was explained that the in-based approach to internal marketing was not just how to communicate the company's strategy and plan to its internal customers but also many things that were part of internal marketing; however, sometimes, companies were not considered internal marketing. In addition, internal marketing also has several crucial elements that make internal marketing become successful in the company. This article's three internal marketing elements are internal market involvement, commitment, and research. Furthermore, internal marketing would affect the management of changes in the company. It was closed with a refinement of the organizational performance resulting from internal marketing
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
- Ahmed, P. K., & Rafiq, M. (2003). Internal marketing issues and challenges. European Journal of Marketing, 37(9), 1177–1186. https://doi.org/10.1108/03090560310498813
- Ahmed, P. K., Rafiq, M., & Saad, N. M. (2003). Internal marketing and the mediating role of organisational competencies. European Journal of Marketing, 37(9), 1221–1241. https://doi.org/10.1108/03090560310486960
- Álvarez-González, L. I., García-Rodríguez, N., Rey-García, M., & Sanzo-Perez, M. J. (2017). Business-nonprofit partnerships as a driver of internal marketing in nonprofit organizations. Consequences for nonprofit performance and moderators. BRQ Business Research Quarterly, 20(2), 112–123. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.brq.2017.01.001
- Al-Weshah, G. A. (2019). Towards internal marketing practices in enhancing job engagement: Practical evidence from Jordanian hospitals. International Journal of Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Marketing, 13(1), 40–56. https://doi.org/10.1108/IJPHM-11-2017-0063
- David, B. (2003). A relationship-mediated theory of internal marketing. European Journal of Marketing, 37(9), 1242. http://proquest.umi.com/pqdweb?did=452130671&Fmt=7&clientId=18803&RQT=309&VName=PQD. DOI:10.1108/03090560310486979
- De Bruin, L., Roberts-Lombard, M., & De Meyer-Heydenrych, C. (2021). Internal marketing, service quality and perceived customer satisfaction: An Islamic banking perspective. Journal of Islamic Marketing, 12(1), 199–224. https://doi.org/10.1108/JIMA-09-2019-0185
- Fu, Y. K. (2013). The influence of internal marketing by airlines on customer-oriented behavior: A test of the mediating effect of emotional labor. Journal of Air Transport Management, 32, 49–57. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jairtraman.2013.06.014
- Gronroos, C. (1981). “Internal Marketing-an integral part of marketing theory”, in Donnelly, J.H and George, W.R. (Eds), Marketing of Services, American Marketing Association, Chicago, II, pp. 236-8.
- Haider, M. H., & Akbar, A. (2017). Internal Marketing and Employee’s Innovative Work Behaviour: The Mediating Role of Job Embeddedness and Social capital. NICE Research Journal, 39(1), 29–46. https://doi.org/10.51239/nrjss.v0i0.30
- Harrell, G. D., & Fors, M. F. (1992). Internal marketing of a service. Industrial Marketing Management, 21(4), 299–306. https://doi.org/10.1016/0019-8501(92)90038-U
- Harrison, R. (1987). Organisation Culture and Quality of Service: A Strategy for Reliasing Love in the Workplace, The Association for Management Education and Development, London.
- Huang, Y. T., & Rundle-Thiele, S. (2014). The moderating effect of cultural congruence on the internal marketing practice and employee satisfaction relationship: An empirical examination of Australian and Taiwanese born tourism employees. Tourism Management, 42, 196–206. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tourman.2013.12.005
- Kanibir, H., & Nart, S. (2012). The Effects of Internal Relationship Marketing on Superior Customer Relations as Competitive Performance: Evidence from Healthcare Industry. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, 58, 1378–1385. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sbspro.2012.09.1122
- Kaplan, R. S. (2017). Internal Marketing and Internal Branding in the 21st Century Organization. IUP Journal of Brand Management, 14(2).
- Kaur, G., Sharma, R. D., & Seli, N. (2009). Internal market orientation in Indian banking: An empirical analysis. Managing Service Quality, 19(5), 595–627. https://doi.org/10.1108/09604520910984391
- Kim, B., & Lee, J. (2016). Relationships between Personal Traits, Emotional Intelligence, Internal Marketing, Service Management, and Customer Orientation in Korean Outpatient Department Nurses. Asian Nursing Research, 10(1), 18–24. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.anr.2015.10.005
- Kotler,Philip.1997, Manajemen Pemasaran. Edisi Bahasa Indonesia jilid satu. Jakarta: Prentice Hall.
- Lings, I. N. (1999). Managing service quality with internal marketing schematics. Long Range Planning, 32(4), 452–463. https://doi.org/10.1016/s0024-6301(99)00048-5
- Martin, R.A. (1992). “Creating, maintaining and Reinforcing a customer sertvice culture”, International Journal of Quality & Reliability Management, Vol. 9 No. 1 pp. 9-19.
- Papasolomou-Doukakis, I., & Kitchen, P. J. (2004). Internal marketing in UK banks: Conceptual legitimacy or window dressing? International Journal of Bank Marketing, 22(6), 421–452. https://doi.org/10.1108/02652320410559349
- Paul, J., & Sahadev, S. (2018). Service failure and problems: Internal marketing solutions for facing the future. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 40(July), 304–311. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jretconser.2016.08.007
- Piercy, N., & Morgan, N. (1991). Internal marketing-The missing half of the marketing programme. Long Range Planning, 24(2), 82–93. https://doi.org/10.1016/0024-6301(91)90083-Z
- Rafiq, M., Ahmed, P. K., & Journal, T. (2000). Advances in the internal marketing concept : definition , synthesis and extension. The Journal of Services Marketing, 14(6), 449–462.
- Rainey, M. M. (2014). Internal marketing of the patent information team in the corporate environment. World Patent Information, 36(1), 16–21. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wpi.2013.09.001
- Thomaidou Pavlidou, C., & Efstathiades, A. (2021). The effects of internal marketing strategies on the organizational culture of secondary public schools. Evaluation and Program Planning, 84(August 2020), 101894. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.evalprogplan.2020.101894
- To, W. M., Martin, E. F., & Yu, B. T. W. (2015). Effect of management commitment to internal marketing on employee work attitude. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 45, 14–21. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhm.2014.11.002
- Varey, R. J. (1995). Internal marketing: A review and some interdisciplinary research challenges. International Journal of Service Industry Management, 6(1), 40–63. https://doi.org/10.1108/09564239510078849
- Wilson, I (Ed). (1994), Marketing Interfaces:Exploring the Marketing and Business Relationship, Pitman, London.
- Zampetakis, L. A., & Moustakis, V. (2007). Fostering corporate entrepreneurship through internal marketing: Implications for change in the public sector. European Journal of Innovation Management, 10(4), 413–433. https://doi.org/10.1108/14601060710828754
- Garratt, R. (1987), The Learning Organisation, Fortana, London.
- Pettigrew, A and Whipp, R. (1991), Managing Change for Competitive Success, Blackwell Business Books, Oxford.
- Collins, B and Payne, A. (1991), “Internal marketing; a new perspective for HRM”, European Management Journal, Vol. 9 No. 3, pp. 261-70.
- Wilkinson, A and Witcher, B. (1993). “Holistic total quality management must take account of political processes”, Total Quality Management, Vol 4 No.1, pp 47-56
- Porter, M.E. (1980). Competitive Strategy, Basic Books, New York, NY
- Prahalad, C. K and Hamel, G. (1990). “The core competence of the corporation”, Harvard Business Review, May/June, pp. 79-91.
- Overmeer, W. (1997). “Business integration in a learning organization: the role of management development”. Journal of Management Development, Vol 16 No. 4, pp 245-61.
- George, W.R. and Gronroos, C. (1989). “Developing customer-conscious employees at every level-internal marketing”, in Congram, C.A. and Frieman, M.L. (Eds), Handbook of Service Marketing, AMACOM, New York, NY