About the Journal
Focus and Scope
Al-Isnad: Journal of Islamic Civilization History and Humanities aims to serve research report of various topic relating to Islamic Civilization History and Humanities. The articles published would refer not only directly to the Islamic Civilization History itself, but also to the various perspectives, in terms of social sciences and humanities. Embodies research articles including:
- History of Islamic Civilization and its development
- Humanities studies and its development
- Teaching of the Islamic Civilization History
Peer Review Process
Al-Isnad: Journal of Islamic Civilization History and Humanities terbit dua kali setahun (January-Juni, Juli-December)
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
Publication ethics adapted by Al-Adabiya: Jurnal Kebudayaan dan KeagamaanÂ (Adabiya)Â refers toÂ The Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE)Â andÂ Regulation of the Head of LIPI Number 5 of 2014 concerning the Code of Scientific Publications Ethics.
All parties (authors, editorial boards, and peer reviewers) associated with publications in Adabiya must adhere to publication ethics which in essence uphold three ethical values in publication, namely (i) Neutrality, which is free from conflict interest in publication management; (ii) Justice, which is to grant authorship rights to those who are entitled as authors; and (iii) Honesty, which is free from duplication, fabrication, falsification, and plagiarism in publications.
Editor's Duties and Responsibilities
- Fulfill the needs of readers and authors,
- Strive to improve the quality of publications in a sustainable manner,
- Implementing processes to ensure the quality of published papers,
- Mainstreaming freedom of opinion objectively,
- Maintain the integrity of the author's academic track record,
- Submit corrections, clarifications, withdrawals, and apologies if needed,
- Responsible for the style and format of the written works, while the content and all statements inside are the responsibility of the author,
- Actively soliciting the opinions of authors, readers, peer reviewers, and members of the editorial board to improve the quality of publications,
- Encourage an assessment of the journal if there are findings,
- Support initiatives to reduce research and publication errors
- Support initiatives to educate researchers about publication ethics,
- Assessing the effect of published policies on the attitudes of authors and peer reviewers and correcting them to increase responsibility and minimize errors,
- Having an open mind to new opinions or views of others that may conflict with personal opinions,
- Encourage authors so that they can improve their works until it is fit for publication.
Reviewer's Duties and Responsibilities
- Received an assignment from the editor to review the paper and submit the results of the review to the editor, as material for determining the feasibility of a written work for publication.
- The reviewer must not conduct a review of written works that involve him, either directly or indirectly
- Maintain the privacy of the authors by not disseminating the results of corrections, suggestions and recommendations by providing criticism, suggestions, input, and recommendations
- Encourage authors to make improvements in his or her writing
- Reviewing papers that have been corrected according to predetermined standards (novelty, methods, legality, conclusions, etc.).
Author's Duties and Responsibilities
- State that the written work submitted for publication is original, has never been published anywhere in any language and is not in the process of being submitted to another publisher.
- Ensuring that those included in the author list meet the criteria.
- Collectively responsible for the work and content of the article includes methods, analysis, calculations and details.
- State the origin of resources (including funding), either directly or indirectly.
- Explain the limitations of the study
- Respond to comments made by expert reviewers in a professional and timely manner.
- Inform the editor if he will retract his written work.