Peer Review Process
All submitted manuscripts have not been published before nor being submitted to other journals. All received manuscripts undergo double-blind reviews; such detail as follow:
- Scope screening.AL-A'RAF editor-in-chief would check for the article possible plagiarism detecting with such software as Turnitin, under setting up of non-repository and non-bibliography form. More than 30-40% of its similarity, the manuscript would be not considered to the next screening. The editor would also screen all submitted manuscripts for its conformity to AL-A'RAF focus and scope.
- Initial screening.The editor-in-chief would assign manuscripts that pass initial screening to section editors. Assistant editors help the managing editor to handle technical editing review, such as grammatical error, citing, and paraphrase; while the principal section editor would select a principal editorial board to initiate a blind review process of the manuscript.
- Content Review. A blind reviewer would critically evaluate the content of the manuscript, including the title, abstract, introduction, research question, thesis argument, the method of data gathering and analyzing, discussion, and openly suggest related references that may enrich the discussion of the manuscript.
- Expert Review.Another blind reviewer would examine the discussion of the manuscript and help to put the discussion on the global context of either Islamic or Muslim community discourse.
- Revisethe Manuscript. The author would make a revision based on reviewer comments (content and technical error) which will have up to two-four weeks. It is once again valued by the section editor to question whether the revised version is appropriate or not. If it is so inadequate that the section editor will advise the author to revise it again.
- Final decision.The revised manuscript is either accepted or rejected; if the author(s) are unable to make the required changes, the manuscript is rejected.
- Galley.The manuscript is handed over to the journal's layouter; then returned to the author for proofreading and final approval.
- Published.The final version of the manuscript will be published on the latest issue of AL-A'RAF