Peer Review Process
All submitted manuscripts have not been published before or submitted to other journals. All received manuscripts undergo double-blind reviews as follows:
- Scope screening.AL-A'RAF editor-in-chief would check for the article’s possible plagiarism, using Turnitin software, under setting up of non-repository and non-bibliography form. If the article has more than 30% similarity, the manuscript will not be considered for the next screening. The editor would also screen all submitted manuscripts for their conformity to AL-A'RAF focus and scope.
- Initial screening. The editor-in-chief would assign manuscripts that pass initial screening to section editors. Assistant editors help the managing editor to handle technical editing reviews, such as grammatical errors, citing, and paraphrasing. In contrast, the principal section editor selects a principal editorial board to initiate a blind review process of the manuscript.
- Content Review. A blind reviewer would critically evaluate the content of the manuscript, including the title, abstract, introduction, research question, thesis argument, method of data gathering and analysis, and discussion, and openly suggest related references that may enrich the discussion of the manuscript.
- Expert Review.Another blind reviewer would examine the discussion of the manuscript and help to put the discussion in the global context of either Islamic or Muslim community discourse.
- Revisethe Manuscript. The author must make revisions based on reviewer comments (content and technical error) within two to four weeks. The section editor once again will assess whether the revised version is appropriate. If it is inadequate, the section editor will advise the author to revise it again.
- Final decision.The revised manuscript is either accepted or rejected; if the author(s) cannot make the required changes, the manuscript will be rejected.
- Galley. The manuscript is handed over to the journal's layout; then returned to the author for proofreading and final approval.
- Published. The final version of the manuscript will be published in the latest issue of AL-A'RAF